Monday, October 23, 2006

Busy busy fall...

This is turning out to be the busiest fall I can remember. Beyond work, which gets busier every year, I am signed up for classes in both Japanese printmaking and broken tile mosaic, I will be giving a workshop in needle-felting Christmas ornaments, and I am making an heroic effort to dig out my studio. Right in the middle of that, I have fallen for the charms of the perfect little vintage travel trailer. Isn't she cute?! I plan to make customizing her my next big art project. She will be perfect to take to Guild Retreats and Fiber festivals! And just think of all the possible handspun, and handwoven, and handknit items I can make for her! Guess what color I want to paint her...

Amid all this excitement I have finished the red socks. They are a bit big, but that is a good thing. I have noticed that the wool socks that accidentally make their way into the wash not only come out smaller, but they tend to wear like iron. I was planning to try turning them inside out and surface felting them a bit, but maybe I'll just throw them in with the next load of red stuff I do. Now that I have them done, I am allowing myself to start on the fingerless gloves.

Finally, it is just plain gorgeously autumn out there. So here are a couple of pictures I took today around campus.

4 comments:

Sharon said...

The trailer does look like a girl. She's going to have some major cosmetic surgery - that's certainly a girl thing. Look forward to meeting her. Nice campus shot - now, where was that taken???

Beryl Moody said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Beryl Moody said...

Your autumn leaf pictures are gorgeous and the little trailer is pretty cute too!

Birdsong said...

Cute little trailer! I agree about how washing can actually help a sock... aren't you just loving the weather we have been having, an extended fall revel.