We had even more snow. My poor Philadelphus (mock orange) is bent over to the ground under the weight. It is getting warmer so hopefully there will be no more shoveling.
Meanwhile I have been getting my little trailer ready for its debut. All the sewing is done (hooray!) and I completed one last wood-burning/painting project. This time I decorated a bamboo tote box I found at a home-stuff store. It wasn't completely successful burning on the bamboo, so I settled for a much less intricate design. Snakes, like I did on the spinning wheel, but no vines.
Having finished my second lace project, I am hot to launch into another. I had 4 oz of gorgeous roving I bought at the last Black Sheep Gathering.
It reminds me of Monet's water garden paintings. It is a very soft 70% mohair, 30% merino.
I spun it fine with a lace project in mind.
It worked up beautifully, with lots of drape, but McMorraned at only 448 yards. Not enough for what I had in mind. I looked through all my lace books, and lots of patterns online, and decided to adapt the Print O'The Wave pattern from this stole. For ease of reading I moved the lace chart into Word and spaced the edge patterns away from the repeat section. I have only about half the yardage needed for the stole, so I will make a scarf with only 2 or 3 repeats and no grafted edges.