Sunday, September 10, 2006

Brief scarf interval

My Oh-So-Boring Socks have gone into the seventh inning stretch. I have turned both heels and now must knit down to the toes. For some reason, this always feels like it takes forever. So I have taken a brief break to knit a quick scarf for a friend's birthday using two strands of funky eyelash yarn and size 17 needles. Now it is back to the socks. Sigh. On the plus side, today I purchased a lovely padded lounge chair for the back yard, so I can knit while reclining under the shady canopy of the cherry tree, listening to all the birds hanging out in my giant lilac bush.

2 comments:

Sharon said...

The scarf is lovely, but did you actually knit your bear a pair of his own socks?!

Birdsong said...

Sometimes satisfaction is what we need! The bear looks really cute in your scarf.