Saturday, January 20, 2007

One of my favorite pieces

In addition to picture frames to match the trailer table, I also made a coat rack. The original plan was to install small iron hooks on a board that I would then hang. While installing the new cabinet knobs, I had a flash of inspiration and rushed back to Home Depot for more knobs. I am mighty pleased with the finished product and can't wait to hang it.

All the varnishing is done, so it is time to turn to the soft stuff. As soon as my kitchen table is cleared of the detritus from the last projects, I will bring out the sewing machine that is languishing in a deep, dark corner of my fiber room (Yes, Sharon, I really do intend to sew.) I'll start simple with the pillow covers and work my way up to curtains. I wonder how you thread the thing...

4 comments:

Sharon said...

Oh wow - my anticipation is building! I love that piece~

BD said...

Great coat rack! I like the table, too. You have been busy. My only burst of energy recently was spent reorganizing my pantry, discarding those outdated canned goods that migrate to the back of the shelves.

Cheers!

B.

Birdsong said...

What a great little special touch! The anticipation continues to build... are you having a grand trailer-warming when done?

Bev in TN said...

Wow! Simply beautiful (er, not so simple, but beautiful). You've re-inspired me to try making a coat rack with drawer knobs...mine definitely won't be quite so beautiful, but hey, my standards are quite low ;-)