Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Been kinda busy, so not much progress...

I just returned from a 5 day trip to Arizona, so I don't have much progress to report on the Kiwi. I am still working on painting the wheel. The purple paint is proving to be difficult to apply evenly, especially on the MDF. On the plus side, the weather has cooled down considerably, so I can work with the paint longer before it dries on me. I am still optimistic about finishing the project in time for the Nevada County Fair. If that doesn't pan out, it should at least be ready for the Nevada State Fair.

I took the first part of this evening off from painting in order to bake a pie as a surprise for my hard-working staff at work. It is peach and blackberry. I didn't have any brandy, so I added a couple of shots of Grand Marnier instead. We may have to card the student employees!

A happy surprise awaited me when I arrived home from the airport: the stack of books that I ordered during Interweave Press' 'Hurt Book Sale' had arrived. I hadn't expected them to arrive for a month or more. I can't wait to spend some time pouring over them. I ordered books on topics from knitting and weaving to spinning and ethnography, so there should be lots of inspiration inside! As you can see, Clara is hoping for some quality cat time to make up for my recent absence.

3 comments:

Sharon said...

I spaced the hurt sale and now I'm feeling deeply resentful that you are so clever. I'm picking dog hair out of my roving and feeling very mundane. I do have a dyepot of prickly poppy steeping in my garage, but somehow, I do think you have a better deal going since all I'll have is more yellow and no brillant books. Chocolate anyone??

Birdsong said...

Wow, you sure had fun ordering books! What a great haul. I will have to go and console Sharon. Are you interested in the dye roving-spin yarn- make socks Along that my friend Margene is setting up to run through the winter till March? Let me know and I will keep you updated.

Purple Fuzzy Mittens said...

"dye roving-spin yarn- make socks" sounds interesting. Tell me more. I'm not good with deadlines, but March sounds doable!